PDA

View Full Version : This one Suick

RobertTB
07-27-2010, 07:07 PM
So, I'm rootin' around and sorting out my tackle boxes, right ? I'm throwing lures I seldom use in a cardboard box, never to see the light of day again. Well, I toss this one Suick in there, an strange fellow it is, and it haunts me laying in that cardboard box.

It's odd..a 9", black. But, it has 2 sets of trebles on this wire that runs along the belly. The wire has a spring at the back end, and is anchored at the aft and fore by these...pegs, I guess you'd call them. The snap attaches to this wire thing.

I suspect it is designed to "break free" when you get a fish on it. That is, the wood body would float free and the wire/trebles would do the dirty work. Hmmm. (Lots of wood/would there.)

Anybody got any experience/knowledge about this type of Suick ? Should I throw it or leave it in the cardboard box ?

I need help.

Ty Sennett
07-29-2010, 03:01 PM
If you need help getting rid of that thing you just let me know.

That is an old break away rigged Suick. They used to make those because the thought was that you wouldn't loose as many fish that way. The Mudpuppy was the same way. The only problem was that you would lose the bait in thick weeds or if it was windy. That design didn't last long.

As a guy that loves Suicks that thing is pretty cool. I have a sucker pattern one like that one that needs a friend. If you ever want to sell that thing let me know.

RobertTB
07-29-2010, 09:55 PM
Old, you say ? Wow. I have no idea how long it has lurked in my tackle box, Ty. I am not even sure if I have ever made a cast with it, it looks new.

Thanks for the info !