PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully the storms are done report 7/26/2010

Mike Allen
07-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Our fishing this week has been like a roller coaster ride. The fishing gets better followed by storm, over and over. It shows with my numbers. Although we are still catching our limits of 15-19 inch walleyes every day. Sharpe is the same with limits coming from Iron Nation to the the Dam. On francis Case the bite has been from Crow Creek to the dam. We had 7 boats out today, 5 on Sharpe and 2 on Case and all boats did well.

The fisherman has to be a little more precise in running their equipment. It will be the difference from having a good day to a bad day. I had a group this week that did not catch a fish on their own and then hired me and we caught 60 fish. Not all boats are catching their limit.

Here is my weeks fishing results.

On Monday I had a group out from Manilla, IA. We had an excellent morning and caught 30 fish by 11:00 a.m. They were not jumping in the boat, but we ended up with a very nice stringer of fish from 15-19 inches.

On Tuesday and Wed I had a group on from Irwin, IA. On Tuesday we had an outstanding day catching 80 fish. The kids had a blast. On Wed it was a little slower, but we still caught 45 fish.

On Thursday I had a group out from Grand Junction, IA. We caught 35 fish along with an 18 1/2 inch smally. The kids had a blast. It does not get any better than spending fishing time with family.

On Friday I had a group out from Bellevue and Omaha, Ne. We had to do a lot of hunting but ended up catching 40 fish on that day. Excellent way to spend an end of the summer fishing trip.

On Sat I had a group out from Alexandria, SD. It was the toughest day I have been on since April. We grinded our day out. We got our limit of nice 15-19 inch walleyes. We caught around 20 fish on this day. I figured my boat covered between 40-50 miles.

On Sunday the fish started turning back around. I had a group out from Des Moines, IA. We made a small change of venue and caught around 65 fish. Don't know if it was the change in Venue or the fact that it hasn't stormed since Friday. Anyhow today was about the same as Sunday, now catching fish in more places.

Until next week
Mike Allen

Pictures will be on report by the end of the night.

Mike Allen
07-30-2010, 10:12 PM
Just a word of note from anyone coming to Lake Fracis Case and Lake Sharpe fishing in their own boats. Fishing has still been good for the guides. Every day is an adventure. When you do find the fish they are nice. I was the last guy to fill today 12:30 p.m. and all of my fish were from 16-19 inches. Nice fish, but you really have to work for them. Especially if you make a bad decision in the morning. 2 of our 4 guides were full at 9:30 a.m. (20 fish)The guides are catching 20-40 plus fish per day. Nice fish 15-20 inches. The guides are at 100% fill rate in July, but it has not been easy for the other boats the past 10 days.

Hopefully stable weather and no rain will help pick up the bite. We have been catching fish as deep as 35 feet and as shallow as 3 feet.

Our service has been very busy. We all work as a unit which helps out our fill rate. We believe our staff is the best in the business at finding and producing limits of walleyes.

If you are looking to go out fishing and have not tried Allens', you should. We will provide references from almost anywhere in the midwest. If any of your friends have went and hired a guide, more than likely they have heard about us. Our goal is to make you repeat customers. 80% or better of our customers are repeat.

Look forward to seeing you
Mike Allen