PDA

View Full Version : yellow bank park/eau clarie river

Josh Clark
07-26-2010, 05:16 PM
stop at yellow bank and take a look and i was wonder water too shallow to fish there, in guide book say head upstream to yellow bank say has good smallmouth bass fishing there, i just beleive that boat wont get through,
i wonder if it's a good wader fishing as use old shoe and swimsuit and walk around and find a deep pool to fish ?
any suggest on yellow bank park fishing,
i was look by inverson restasanrt and water too shallow and take look at westside and shallow and not sure about deep like 3-5 ft or somethings..
i wonder is the eau clarie river that go through from weston from ross ave flow down to yellow bank ? i was think about take some wader .

if any suggest about that i will be appericate to get some good information and trying to find a new and different for a good wader fishing there from weston bridge and wader all way down to end at yellow bank and throw some of topwater, shallow crankbait..
Josh

kurt schultz
07-26-2010, 06:52 PM
I have fished that strech many times great strech you will find musky, lots of northern, some walleye and lots of bass I even remember cathing some nice crappie up there. Some area's are deep 6-8 feet mostly shallow we us to run a canoe down but the water was up nice and high then. Hope this helps.
If you are looking for some molds I may have some for sale get a hold of me.

Kurt

Josh Clark
07-26-2010, 07:24 PM
Kurt,
what kind mold do u have ? well i was looking for somethings as snag resiet jighead like walleye jig mold or a roundhead with nice collar for ties a bucktail the size i have been looking from 1/16 to 5/8 and the hook start with size 4 to 3/0

i wonder how about start fish from westron bridge on ross ave and go downstream all way to yellow bank ? i was looking forward to fish for a smallies with 2 set rigged i has is shallow crankbait and topwater and might bring a extra for grub to find a active smallies, do i need a canoe to float downstream ? how about wader fishing ?

Josh

Joel DeBoer
07-27-2010, 06:23 PM
You could wade a good portion of the river, but as mentioned previously, there are sections well over 5-6 feet deep. It's a great canoe trip, especially this summer with water levels normal-above normal, with good numbers of smallmouth bass present and some bonus walleyes and northern pike in the mix as well.

Tight lines,

Josh Clark
07-28-2010, 01:31 AM
how water level is at eau clarie river/yellow bank, well i was contact with grand valley adventure about rent a kayak for trip, and they say that water is too high,
just wonder about water level so i got a chance to go out as water level head down asap but there's will be more rain coming

the kayak rental i were plan is sit on top..

Josh Clark