PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for sunday the 25th

walleyemaxx
07-26-2010, 10:15 AM
Hi everyone,

Guided a half day on Sunday. Took Ross and his dad Bob out We started out fishing for Walleyes, but after 2 hours of a Bass and a small perch, Ross decided he wanted to fish for Musky's.

That turned out to be more fun. I hooked his dad up with a small crank so he could try for anything that would hit it. and I did the same. Ross started out tosing a ghost tail, then a bulldawg, and finally a double cowgirl with green blades and black bucktail. He finally had a musky take a swipe at the cowgirl. A high 30's to low 40's fish. Ross expertly figure 8 the bait, but couldn't convince the big gail to show again. I got a Northern and the action was done.

I showed Ross a lot of spots that are good producers at the right time and conditions. Yesterday's bright blue skies with the high barometer and lack of wind just didn't seem to be it. But now he has a wealth of spots to fish on his next trip to the Big Chip.

After dropping Ross and Bob off. I took a break to escape the hot midday sun. As I sat in my truck in the shade eating a sandwhich, I felt the truck being bounced up and down from the back. When i looked in the rear view mirror, I saw the face of a black bear staring back at me. he was standing on my trailer tonge bouncing up and down My laughing so loud at that sight scarred the bear off. at about 6 oclock, i went out to a hump that tops out at 8 feet with wood and weeds on the top and sharp drop on the sides. the Walleyes were biting very light, but in 2 hours, I was able to boat 5 Walleyes between 12-16"es. I also caught some Bass and the ever present blugills, releasing every thing I caught, even the Walleyes. All the fish were caught on jig and leeches. I wish the Walleyes would have been there when I took Ross and Bob there, but that's the way it goes. The evening bite seems to be where it's at right now.

The water temps are still mid 70's and the water in places is real green from the algae bloom. The weeds are very thick now, and every thing is hatching and blooming and the forage base is now at it;s peak. The good news is from here on out, the forage will be cropped down, and the fishing will only get better.

Walleyemaxx

riverrat47
07-26-2010, 12:23 PM
Maxx,

Thanks for the great time yesterday. My dad and I had fun. I appreciate the information you gave me yesterday. I should be up in a couple more weeks to fish muskies with a buddy of mine. Hope to see you out on the water.

Next time we come up we will have to plan to go out with you at peak times to catch Eyes. Im sure the mayfly hatch didnt help either.

It was a great day on the water!

Thanks!