PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Fishing Report: July 17-24, 2010

Justin Gaudry
07-25-2010, 01:43 PM
Another great week of weather and even better week of fishing. Lot of big walleyes, muskies, northerns again this week.

Walleyes in the usual classic summer mid lake humps. Deeper humps as good as shallower. Jigs/minnows the most common presentation, but crawlers and leeches have been working well aslso. Several nice fish up to 29 inches again this week.

Muskies were hot, hot, hot with about 10 boats in camp casting all week. Big fish of the week was a 50.5 personal best and first 50 inch class fish for Jon W. That was part of a 9 fish week that saw his smallest fish measure 41 inches. Je also put a 48 in the net for his fishing partner so they had a great week. Sand with weeds was the key structure for most, but shoreline related rock and rock/weed combos were in the mix as well. Double 8 buckails were hot for one crew, particularly the Northland Boobie Trap with orange tiger blades. Northland is making some sturdy, great looking muskie baits this year and I've been getting them out a few times, but not had a chance to put them in front of active fish. It sounds like they are winners with all 9 of Jon W's fish coming off one Double 8 Boobie Trap.

A couple reports from Sat night and Sunday morning showing rock being hot to start the new week with a 48" coming already Sunday.

Some great northerns again as well from the weeds with the muskies. 39, 40, 41, 42.5 inchers caught and released and a MONSTER that we're hoping to see in a report from a regular poster on the board when he gets some time after getting home. Looking forward to seeing that fish for sure, as well.

I have nearly two months worth of pictures to post on the website and some on the board. I just haven't had enough time to get to them and when you get behind, it feels insirmountable, but I pledge to get at it this week and help pass the time that I can't be out fishing with this hot hot bite.

I do have the boat back in the water for those that were following the story and now I can't get out fishing. not sure which situation was tougher to take!!

Highlight of the season for me will be deer loins and brats on Thurday night this week at Cabin 2 with Buster, Rob and the Berkley/Northland boys. They are down a man this year after a terrible loss shortly after returning home last year (we miss you Chuck:() so I will have to handle eating for 2 this year. I'll start fasting wednesday morning to be ready for Thursday night!