PDA

View Full Version : We love fishing the walleye factories of Lake Sharpe and Lake Francis Case 7/19/2010

Mike Allen
07-19-2010, 07:57 PM
Just as the title states. We are very fortunate to get to fish these 2 reservoirs. They are both fish factories. The lakes both keep producing limits of walleyes. Lake Francis Case from Chamberlain to the Dam. Lake Sharpe from Iron Nation to the Big Bend Dam. Some days you have to do some looking, but most of the time you will find the numbers you are looking for. Same depths of water 10-20 feet with spinners and crawlers have been best. You can also troll cranks if that is your specialty. Our guide service has been catching 40-80 fish per day depending on how long you fish.

Here is my week's fishing. On Monday I had a Grandfather/Grandaughter from Milford and Blanchard, IA. What an outstanding fishing day!! We caught 70 fish that day. I think Nicole caught most of the fish.

On Tuesday and Wednesday I had a group from Kansas City, Fremont, Lincoln, and Omaha. This group last fished with me around 15 years ago. We had the same success, outside the fact that we have all aged a little. We caught 120 fish in 2 days. On Wed we had our limit by 9:00 a.m. Outstanding fishing trip. I will see you guys next year.

On Thursday I had a family out from Skyler, NE. Connor, Cole, and Noah had one heck of a good time showing their dad how to catch fish. We caught 75 fish. Outstanding Family Fishing.

On Friday I had a group out from Custer, SD and St Louis, MO. Out for a family wedding and enjoying our excellent walleye fishing. Outstanding morning, filled by 10:00 a.m. A little slow in the afternon, it was still and very hot. Overall we caught 35-40 fish.

on Sat I was at a bowling convention in Pierre, SD. For any of you out there that are bowlers, Kelly Kulick, best female bowler in the world, is a fantastic person and an excellent spokesperson for our sport. She has gained many more fans, including me. A Very entertaining weekend.

On Sunday I had a family from Gregory, Sioux Falls, and Rapid City, SD. We caught 30 fish by 11:30 a.m. Luke tried to win the money, but because the guide, (me) wanted to stay out a little longer Travis and Clint ended up taking the money. An excellent morning of fishing.

Until next week
Mike Allen