PDA

View Full Version : Walleye-Palooza!

Captain Lucas Molepske
07-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Yesterday I had the opportunity to take fellow Wisconsin Angling Adventures guide Joel DeBoer and his Father-In-Law Laurie Hubbard out on Green Bay in search of walleyes. Seeing as how Laurie is a walleye junkie, and Joel has never fished "The Bay" for walleyes, he and I were able to finally coordinate our busy schedules and plan a day for all 3 of us to fish. Laurie guided walleyes for years up in the Minocqua area, and I was hoping to show him something a bit different out on the big water of Green Bay...

The day dawned beautiful as there was a brilliantly warm sun and almost no wind - not however a walleye fisherman's favorite conditions. I set up in an area my gut told me would be holding fish and for the first couple of hours, we honestly could not boat a fish under 24"-25". The magnificant fishery that is Green Bay sure did not disappoint! With the exception of a sheephead (which Joel caught, by-the-way), the walleye bite remained solid all morning; in fact, we struggled to get fish "small enough" to take home for the frying pan - if only all of life's problems were so "difficult"!

A great day on the water with a couple of fun guys, for sure! If you're looking for one heck of a walleye trip, contact me through the web site and let's get after 'em!