PDA

View Full Version : July 15th and 16th report

Ty Sennett
07-17-2010, 11:38 AM
I had Sarah and Dennis out on the 15th and we didn't see a whole lot of fish but Dennis did catch two of the three we saw. He boated 36 and 38 inch fish. Both on Ghosttails. It was kind of a slow day for us but he took advantage of what did hit. One was in a figure eight. Maybe next time he will let Sarah catch some.

On the 16th Jason, Risse, and I started a little late due to some late night festivities at schultz's in Chief Lake the night before. All of us were dragging a little but at the last spot Risse caught one just shy of 45 inches right at the boat. There was a little chaos when the fish went under the boat and wrapped around the trolling motor and flew out of the water on the other side of the boat. I could see the trolling motor jerking around because the fish was still attached. Not knowing what to do I just said push your button and let it go. Somehow the fish wore itself out on the trolling motor and we netted it. Besides that one Risse had another follow up twice and try to hit on the figure eight. The whole back of the fish was out of the water trying to get the bait. Pretty cool. Risse had one other follow that was "about this big" according to Risse. Every fish she sees is "about this big". Too funny. I had one other low to mid forty inch fish follow a Suick.

The last few days have been great. Not a lot of fish seen but we took advantage of the ones that hit. And great people to round it off.

Thanks a ton,

RobertTB
07-17-2010, 11:58 AM
A Suick, you say ! I like that.