PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report July 15

Dick Wilkening
07-15-2010, 06:47 AM
Walleyes walleyes and more walleyes. The fishing at Witch Bay just keeps getting better.
Most of the guests are boating about 50 to 100 eyes per day. The fish are coming on jigs tipped with either leaches or crawlers. Those that have been using the bottom bounces have also been catching great numbers of fish. The crankbait bite in the shallow water has been off and on with the changing weather patterns. I have been seeing some big fish on the fish log, almost everyday the are a couple of fish in the 27 to 30 inch range.
I have been taking my fish in 15 to 28 ft. of water. The water temp have been running around 72 to 74 degrees in the main lake.
The bigger bass have been coming for me in about 8 to 10 feet of water. I have been using jigs and twister tails or finesse worms. There are some bass shallower but they are usually the smaller ones.
The northern fishing has been fairly good on the rock reefs. We have been getting them along with the shallow walleyes on crankbaits. There have been some people fishing the hayfield in the evening and getting lots of northern action.
The musky fishing has been picking up in the week. They are starting to get more active. The fish being caught have been taking the blade baits, tandems and bucktails. The muskys that I have been seeing are on both the weed edges and the rock reefs so be prepared to do some looking in both areas.
Dick Wilkening Pro Staff
Witch Bay Camp