PDA

View Full Version : Judge orders fines and raises revocation time for Milwaukee fisherman

walleyemaxx
07-14-2010, 07:56 PM
Hi everyone,

This was reported by the Sawyer County Record.

Judge orders fines, raises revocation time for three Milwaukee fishermen
by Kathy Hanson
Published: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 4:50 PM CDT
Staff Reporter

None of the 13 Milwaukee-area adult males arrested May 21 on the Chippewa Flowage for illegal bagging of fish showed up at their initial court appearance at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 13.

Three of the men who did not appear also failed to file not guilty pleas or pay their fines, and so were found in default by Judge Gerald Wright and were fined the full amounts as originally levied on their citations. In addition, Judge Wright raised the revocation time on their DNR licenses to three years for two of the defendants and two years for one, with the revocations applying to all DNR privileges, not just fishing. If the men pay their fines in full, Judge Wright said he would reduce the three-year revocation of licenses to two years for Aaron Conley and Dwight Kirksey, both of Milwaukee; and would reduce the two-year license revocation to one year for Kevin Sheriff, also of Milwaukee.

The other 10 fishermen pleaded not guilty, either by mail or phone, and a Sept. 16 status conference has been scheduled for them.

They couldn't even man up to show their faces in court. the judge should give them all the maxximum fines and punishment.

Walleyemaxx
Respect-Earned not Given.

DWW
07-16-2010, 08:59 PM
I saw these clowns on the news, they said they were part of a "witch hunt". One of the violators said in the interview," you're tellin me I payed $1500 for a condo and I can only keep 50 fish, come on now." I was laughing when I saw this on the news but at the same time it really pissed me off. how can some people be so ignorant of the fishing regulations. I bet they never pay a single penny and they'll claim they were targeted because of their skin color.

walleyemaxx
07-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Hi DWW,

It's sad when some people think they are above the law, no matter what the reason. They weren't targeted because of any reason other than the fact that they had 2830 fish over their limit!.

it only takes a minimal amount of intellegence to know these guys were wrong. It seems to me They knew what they were doing. In my opinion, I think they are mad because they got caught.

All I can say at this point is MAN UP guys. Pay your fine and learn. Try to be better role models. What you just taught your children will come back to haunt them and you. Next they will gripe about to short of visiting hours at the prison. Just remember that your actions speak louder than words.

Walleyemaxx
RESPECT-EARNED NOT GIVEN