PDA

View Full Version : Walleyemaxx report for 7-12-10

walleyemaxx
07-13-2010, 09:04 PM
Hi everyone,

Guided two brothers Jason and Josh, on Monday out of Musky Tale reort. Had a great day. We caught lots of fish, with so many bites for awhile that we could really only use one pole. most of the bites were the Blugills, but we wound up with 7 Walleyes, keeping 4, and Losing the biggest one at the boat. That was about 19-20 "s, and of the 4 we kept, they were all between 15-17"s. We could have kept a 3 man limit, but decided to release short of our limit so we could keep on fishing for them.

We also caught a lot of Bass. Wound up keeping 4 of them, but caught a lot more that we threw back. We had continuous action from the Blugills. we caught over 50, and lost more than that. The brothers didn't want to keep any, but were impressed with the average size of them. jason was really impressed when he caught a Blugill on a crankbait.

The other thing that happened was Jason catching his personel best northern Pike. 30" 5#s. on six pound test line, a jig and leech with no leader. he lost two jigs to that Northern before catching it. When he cleaned it, he got the jigs back. Lots of laughs.

With the exception of one Walleye, and a Blugill, all the fish were caught on jigs with leeches. When you come to the Flowage bring lots of bait. We went thru almost a pound of leeches. The bigger Blugills love leeches. I've said it before that the best big Blugill bait is small to medium size leeches. most of the fish were caught in the weeds, but we did catch some out in the mid depth bog flats.

The water temp was in the mid to high 70's, and it looks like an algae bloom is starting to develope. The bugs are still hatching, especially the mosquitos, and the deer fly's were really being a nuisance. Also saw a lot of wild life mainly the miriade of bird species. Made for a spectacular day.

I want to say it was a pleasure to take a young man serving in our Navy out fishing. I want to say thanks Josh for defending our freedom. Be safe on your return to your submarine.

If anyone is looking for a guide, I have openings. Email, or call. We can set up a fishing trip.

Walleyemaxx