PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota Fishing Report 7/12/2010

Mike Allen
07-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Another outstanding week of walleye fishing on Lake Sharpe and Francis Case. The guides are catching 40 - 100 fish depending on how much time they are spending out fishing. Fishing has been excellent on the Upper end of Francis Case and from Iron Nation to the Big Bend Dam on Sharpe. The only difference this week is boat control and fishing pressure will define your numbers. The walleyes are now on the dropoffs instead of up on top of the flats. The best bite has been the first couple hours of the day. Still same depths of water 12 - 25 feet.

Here is my weeks fishing. We had an outstanding day of fishing on Monday. Our group from Lebanon, MO caught around 90 fish. The girls definately outfished the guys.

On Tuesday I had a group out from Wells, MN. Another outstanding day, caught 50 walleyes by noon. Not a better way to spend time with your kids.

On Wed we had a corporate group out. Storms teh night before made the start of the day interesting. My group from Irene, SD wanted to have their limit by 11:00 a.m. Slow start but caught their 16th fish at 11:10 a.m.

Thursday I had a group out from Carson, IA. Another outstanding morning. 50 fish by 11:30 a.m. Went and tried to smally fish afterwards. No smallies on shoreline today. Must be out chasing shad in the middle of the river today.

Friday I had a group from Laurel, NE. These guys always catch their limit. The question is who wins the money for the 1st and biggest. We caught 40 fish by noon. Excellent fishing outing.

On Sat and Sun I had a group out from Harlan, IA. We fished to get their limit. We had their limit on Day 1 by 10:15 a.m. and Day 2 by 10:00 a.m. An excellent outing for the Iowa Boys.

Until next week
Mike Allen