PDA

View Full Version : Abu Garcia Revo Toro Review

Kevin Cochran
07-12-2010, 02:25 PM
I had excellent luck with these reels last year. I bought two and they lasted all summer. In October they had problems engaging. I bought 5 more this year at the start of the season thinking that they would hold up. I was very disappointed to break all five of them within two weeks of using them. The drags on some of the ones I bought this year would not get tight. One literally blew up in Scottie's hand while setting the hook into a fish, which ended up with the fish getting off. This will be shown on Sondag's new video Go Fish II. I had a new one that has a screw on top that wasn't even threaded. Instead of repairing the two that I used last season Abu sent me two new reels. That would have been fine if they were built like the ones I bought last year. I took the new Revos apart and they are internally different then the first run of reels. All 7 reels had major problems.
So to anyone looking at purchasing a new Abu Revo stay away from them.

Dave T
07-13-2010, 06:31 PM
What?? I just got one this spring to use this summer.. Heard nothing but great reviews, was the bomb supposedly... Now its no good???

i hope mine holds up...

bummer

Dave

Mark Benson
07-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Kevin:

Was hoping that Bucher's hyping of them would be a strong endorsement that Abu had gotten it back together... Depressing to hear that they are still producing an inferior product for the almost $300 they are selling for. Thanks for the heads up...

Mark