PDA

View Full Version : Leaders

USS_Esox
07-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Hey guys,

Anyone have suggestion on good leaders to use? I used to use the Gotcha titaniums, but they 'seem' to no longer exist. Can't find em anywhere. I went to the Terminators, they 'seem' to no longer exist. So I'm trying to find a good leader company that 'does' exist. I've been running 6" Terminators so far. Been kinda cutting it close lately. :) Any suggestions?

I prefer a stainless steel 7 stran. Something extremely durable, but light as possible. Preferably 24 inches; 1 good ball bearing is preferred.

I might have to go thru a parts store like Hagans or Stamina (Lure Parts Online) to make my own. What do you guys do?

Thanks, Greg H.

Jack W
07-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Hey Greg,
Try Thorne Bros. I have been useing their leaders for 3 or 4 years. They have 12" and 24" multi strand with good ball bearing swivels at a reasonsble price with fast shipping.
Jack

Brent Spence
07-15-2010, 08:27 PM
Hey guys,

Anyone have suggestion on good leaders to use? I used to use the Gotcha titaniums, but they 'seem' to no longer exist. Can't find em anywhere. I went to the Terminators, they 'seem' to no longer exist. So I'm trying to find a good leader company that 'does' exist. I've been running 6" Terminators so far. Been kinda cutting it close lately. :) Any suggestions?

I prefer a stainless steel 7 stran. Something extremely durable, but light as possible. Preferably 24 inches; 1 good ball bearing is preferred.

I might have to go thru a parts store like Hagans or Stamina (Lure Parts Online) to make my own. What do you guys do?

Thanks, Greg H.
Hey Greg. I started tying my own fluro leaders a few years back and they turned out great. I'll make sure I make it to the August meeting and bring you a couple. It's nice when you can have any length or style you want. I've tried making wire leaders and they work but I haven't used them enough to reccomend them. I like 7 strand for shield water and rocks but I like fluro for everything else. The ball bearing swivels are the only expensive part and they are re-usable. I make 4-5 leaders with weed catchers for LSC now and they work great. Very easy to do.