PDA

View Full Version : fishing in tank lake

fireboy22
07-12-2010, 09:25 AM
Hello, We will be in Mercer at the end of the month @ Loon Haven for a week and just wondering how the fishing has been, this will be our 5th year here and we relly love this nice little town. We couldn't make it up last year due to me starting a new job,my family was having withdrawls."looking forward to the Loon Festival.

aluminumforever
07-14-2010, 08:12 PM
We were up over the fourth of July. Fishing was a little slow until the last day we were there (always seems to go that way). It was still better than at home. Caught a few good pike and some pretty good largies on Tank. Caught a bunch of largies on Fischer and had one big muskie on, I lost it but it took me for a nice walk around the boat. Buzz baits in the shallow areas, spinners over drop offs and moss boss in weed beds, love fishing top water baits. all seemed to work pretty good. Hope this helps, let me know how ya do we'll be back up at the cabin the first week of August.

fireboy22
07-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the tips we will be there first week in august too kids can't wait.would be great to hook nice northern!

aluminumforever
07-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Good luck you may hook a nice musky too, there's quite a few in Tank. I'll be in the white Alumacraft, the one hopefully catching alot of fish.