PDA

View Full Version : Bbdn

Fishfinder2010
07-11-2010, 06:57 AM
Hey E-1, this is my 1st post. Just wanted to share some info since this site has been so helpful to me. Sorry some of the info is dated, I have been working 7-12's and have not had the chance to post.

June 10th was my best day for eyes, caught 5 in about an hour on crawler harnesses in 18 f.o.w. speed was 1.1, size was unusual for bbdn 1-16", 3-17" and a 25". The 16 and 17's are the smallest fish I have caught on bbdn in 5-years of chasing eyes.

July 7th I was following a 18-20' contour line when a 30" 6lb pike smashed a white willow harness. My 11 year old son pulled him in and I netted him just in time before he shreded the harness. The blade and beads were still in his mouth when I pulled him out of the live well.

saw a school of bait fish breaking the surface so we circled and pulled the boards tgh but no eyes. On the second pass a board went down, again my son pulled it in and had the fight of his life. A 36" 10-lb pike come to the boat and spit out a 10" perch. Again he shreded the harness just as he entered the net. large orange colorado, 21-fow, 1.1 w/ 2-oz bouncer.

Thanks to e-1 for the help, after chasing and landing fish on bbdn at a young age I think my boy will be hooked on fishing for life.