PDA

View Full Version : Night Fishing Light

catchandrelease
07-10-2010, 03:42 PM
Looking to buy a headlamp for night fishing, any suggestions? What specs should I be looking for?

Dave Hardy
07-10-2010, 06:07 PM
I prefer the LED-based hat clips (ie. Cat's Eyes). They are very bright, lightweight, and easy to operate. Obviously you need to be a "hat wearer" for these to be an option.

Trial and error will be the best way for you to find what works best for you. If you think you might want it on at all times during the dark hours, then I would suggest one with some sort of red light, as this color light will not bring a swarm of mosquitos to your face. But once again, buy a few and try them. You will eventually decide what works best for your needs.

Ty Sennett
07-11-2010, 09:57 PM
spend the extra money and get a Petzel. Make sure to get a push button turn on switch. It will be around 40 bucks but worth it.

Paul Schueller
07-12-2010, 10:56 AM
I agree with Dave that LED is the way to go. However, I have to disagree with Ty somewhat. I have always preferred Princton Tec, and they are a bit cheaper than Petzl and work great. I used to work on a river at night and had a floodlamp for navigation, but often the PT was good enough.

Ty Sennett
07-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Hey Paul, where do you get those headlamps? I'd like to get one to try. Also, is it a push button on switch?

alonzo buck
07-12-2010, 02:33 PM
They can be purchased here: http://www.princetontec.com. They are great products.

Ty Sennett
07-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Thanks Alonzo I'll check them out.