PDA

View Full Version : Two Muskie morning

Todd Bohm
07-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Snuck out Tuesday a.m. to try and catch a musky with English teacher Jeff Micholic. We hit the water at first light and soon after starting fishing, had a low 40's fish take a swipe at a Northwoods Tackle Skirt Chaser bucktail. We worked this fish for the next 20 minutes but no taker. Jeff stated this was a good sign and as we moved to a different spot, he put on a Slippery Sam and within minutes I heard him say "fish". I turned my head to see a musky at boatside taking a swipe at the Slippery Sam. Being the good musky fisherman he is, Jeff immediately started "figure 8-ing" and had the fish turn and engulf the bait. After a short fight, the 38" musky was slid into the Frabill and after a few pictures released. Not more than 2 casts later, Jeff yells "fish" again. Once again after a short fight, the 37" musky was slid into the net. Jeff started using Elk River musky rods in the last 3 weeks and has caught 8 muskies on these rods. Needless to say he is totally sold on the quality and craftsmanship of them. This was once again, a beautiful morning on the Wisconsin River system. With good water levels and flow, the musky bite has really turned on. Take a kid fishing

See you on the water
Todd