PDA

View Full Version : North and south Turtle

rpreston
07-06-2010, 04:20 AM
Can anyone give me an idea on how North and South turtle lakes are? I am a typical Canadian fisherman who will be going to Northern Wisconsin with my boys (10 and 8) I'd like to give them a little feel first before taking them up there. This is where we will be staying and i was just wondering how the fishing was here. I was also looking for a boat between July 29th and August 1st.

Thanks
Ron Preston

Pete Stoltman
07-06-2010, 08:32 AM
Yes, very good lakes. Nice fishery with diverse species. Not sure who to rent a boat from there. I'd try Greer's Pier in Manitowish Waters or Boulder Marine in Boulder Junction. Walleyes and panfish should be pretty good out there and if you're a musky guy it's definitely worth the effort. Pretty good population of muskies out there. Both lakes have some decent depth so don't overlook casting the deep areas for suspended fish.

rpreston
07-06-2010, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the update. Is it true that trolling for Walleye is prohibited in wisconsin? I heard this about a different lake not sure if it is for the entire state. Thanks again and now i will try for the Muskie that has been alluding me all these years!

Mark Benson
07-06-2010, 11:27 AM
motor trolling definitely illegal on the Turtles... row trolling still available...

Mark

Pete Stoltman
07-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Statewide regulation is that motor trolling is illegal. There are exceptions for specific lakes but very few in the northern part of the state. Cast, jig, or slip bobber are the preferred local methods for most species.