PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report July 5

Dick Wilkening
07-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Fishing remains strong.
The walleye fishing has been very good the last few days. We have been finding the fish in 20 to 30 feet of water. For the most part jigs tipped with leeches or crawlers have been the most productive. We have also been finding some walleyes in the shallows with crankbaits and jigs with plastics.
The weather has been up and down so the shallow water bit has been on and off again. The deeper eyes have been very steady.

We have been finding the bass in 6 to 8 ft. of water. Pitching light jigs tipped with live bait.

The northern pike have been been coming on spinner baits over the weed beds, and on crankbaits on the rock reefs looking for walleyes.

The musky action remains very slow with water temps still remaining in the high 60's with a few places in the low 70's.

There is getting to be more and more algae bloom. It is not to the stage that hampers fishing but it seems to be on the increase.
Dick Wilkening Pro Staff
Witch Bay Camp

GManny
07-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Hi Dick,are the Mayflies done and how is the water level.Thanks Greg

Dick Wilkening
07-06-2010, 06:36 AM
There are still a few mayflies around but not enough to effect the fishing.
We have have some good rain showers lately so the lake level is almost back to normal level. The water temp has been increasing at a steady rate and the warmer temps are increasing the amount of algae bloom.
Dick
Witch Bay

bassface44
07-06-2010, 08:20 AM
Are you seeing the blooms primarily in Witch Bay or do they show up out on the main lake areas too? Just wondering.

Bill

GManny
07-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Thanks Dick!

Dick Wilkening
07-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Bill
The bloom seem to be about the same in all the areas that I have been going.
That being said I have not been below the narrows in three weeks so I am not sure about that area.
Dick Wilkening