PDA

View Full Version : Found Rod and Reel

Dave Hardy
07-04-2010, 12:52 AM
FYI, Tanner Wildes reeled up a rod and reel while fishing the Flowage the other day--around Pete's Bar I believe. If you know of anyone who got spooked by one of the Chip 60+ inchers, had a moment of shock and dropped their rod in the water, Tanner is in possession.

If this was you, please tell the story on this board.

RobertTB
07-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Could be mine. Back in '88, hotter than all git out that year, me and Steve wuz fishin' at the mouth of Crane Crik just at sundown. Steve was throwin' this Hawg Wobbler an' just as he tuk it outta' the water at boatside this HUMONGUS fish boiled the water real big. Both of us freaked out. So, I throwed a jointed Pikey right up inta' the mouth of the crik and drug it back about half way and it stopped dead. I laid the wood to it fer all I was worth and got hooks inta' her good. But, she done what she wanted and drug are boat..well..Steve's boat off toward Cedar Tops there and as we wuz bein drugged the outbored hit one of them stumps in that stump field that I alwaze hit with my POS boat. Well, when we nailed the stump, I fell over and flounced 'round Steve's gunnel and tried not to fall in the water with that fish out there and long story short I dropped the rod. So, I bet that fish went right over to Petes and fouled the line and Pikey and all in the stuff there and then swam off to the dam. It's a Zebco, right ? Gotta' be mine.

Now, one time, Steve he had one nail his lure up onta' the other end of the Crik up in Crane there, just off to the right there by that leaning popular tree. Steve missed it. It was the only hit either one of us had all year and he (Steve) just got all honked off and throwed his rod and reel right in Crane there. Nice rod too. I axed him why on Arth he done that and he sad he didn't no, but he didn't like the reel so he jest chucked it. It were sorta' a bass action rod so I unnerstan why he flanged it away.