PDA

View Full Version : lake geoege

mahoot
07-02-2010, 02:20 PM
will be fishing with the kids lake george in rhinelander the last week of july/ any help finding multispecies would be appreciated.
I have a portable fish finder but no gps where are the rock bars with sunken structure on the?

Pete Stoltman
07-03-2010, 08:46 AM
Been quite a while since I fished that lake and then it was for muskies. I'll see what I can find out from one of my friends at Rollie and Helen's that fishes Lake George more frequently.

Pete Stoltman
07-06-2010, 08:20 AM
Ok, here's what I've got for you so far. Yes, there are several rock/gravel bars and they should be a good location to look for walleyes. For its size (just under 450 acres) this lake has pretty diverse structure. It's not very deep so those bars and weedlines will be key areas to look for. A jig with minnow will be a good all around bait choice. Leeches and crawlers should be in play as well. It's stained water so pick your color choices accordingly. When in doubt I'd go orange in this water. As for fish species it's got a pretty good diversity and you should come up with a mixed bag of fish. It's a pretty busy lake so you won't be alone. Chat up some of the fishermen around the resort and see if you can pick up any tips on current conditions when you're there. Hope that helps a bit.