PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Update 6-29-10

Justin Mullins
06-29-2010, 07:34 AM
Crash and I just got back from the Northwoods of Wisconsin fishing the second leg of the PMTT on Eagle River. The best tournament I have ever fished in. A total of 71 muskies caught which is a new for the most fish in a two day tournament. Saturday we scored on a nice 38 in the first 10 minutes and saw several more nice fish having a couple nice fish hooked only to come off but we got some good points for the trail.

Now to here the heat has still stuck around with 90 through the day. The water temp is mid to upper 80's which is to hot for fishing right now. The lake is clear and is at summer pool. The problem with musky fishing right is if you do catch due to the hot water it will most likely kill the fish. When the water temp is at 85 at 5 feet down 85 and 10 feet down 85 so getting those fish through those water temps are really tough on the fish. If we get some cool weather that might drop it I will post and fishing will pick up. Crappie are being caught right now at 20 feet. Minnows, and jigs are the producers on the weed edges. Guys catching bass are fishing deep points with crank baits, and plastic fishing slow.

If your out and about make sure you stop in we will be having a new rod to sell in September wait to you see this GREAT is the best word for it. Be safe out there..