PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants

TheHobbits
06-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Ty, or others familiar with the Hayward area, I've been fishing up there for the past 40 years always July 4th week, anyways, we always go to pretty much the same restaurants when we are up there to eat, Famous Daves, Lost Land Lake Lodge, Treelands ... I'd like to get ideas of other lodges or areas up there that are good for us to go out to eat, I seen Chief Lake Lodge's website, restaurant looks nice, would like others opinions of places to try while we are out there.

Thanks
TheHobbits

Ty I'll be staying at Treelands that week, would like to buy some pacemakers if we can hook up while I'm up there.

Thanks again

dfkiii
06-28-2010, 09:24 PM
The Chippewa Inn at the corner of County A and County B is good.

Trav
06-29-2010, 09:07 AM
R&R Bayview has great food. Not big on ambiance, but...Mmmmmmm. Plus, what is it a free bloody mary with breakfast? Something like that.

Dale
06-29-2010, 10:03 AM
R&R Bayview for breakfast. Delicious hash browns, and yes a free bloody. The Landing has the best bacon though.

Deerfoot for lunch. Must get a burger with fried onions.

Treelands for dinner. Most everything is good there.

Good luck with your waist line after a week of that.

Snizz
06-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Deerfoot...porkchop sandwich with cheese and bacon x 2!!! Your taste buds will love you but your heart might stop...Luckily they have a defibrillator behind the bar :P

twells
06-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Whitney's Wolf Den lodge awsome food. Not much to look at from the outside but the food is great plus priced very reasonable.

cooneyrunner
06-29-2010, 09:33 PM
If your boating then Schultz's and Chief Lake Lodge on Chief Lake are good. The Landing is good too and they have a great happy hour.

Ty Sennett
06-30-2010, 06:19 AM
The Chippewa Inn gets my vote for great steaks and one of the best supper club type eateries.

MuskyMaven
06-30-2010, 07:27 PM
As others have mentioned, The Chippewa Inn is tough to beat for a GREAT steak.

Musky Chuck
07-01-2010, 06:24 AM
If you want pizza, go to Coop's Pizza, I always have the #4, and they have a cool fish tank!

SilverFox
07-01-2010, 10:39 AM
Fine Dining: The Chippewa Inn or Club 77
Breakfast: R&R hands down the best
Lunch: Pats Landing, Cheif Lake Lodge, Deerfoot, Treelands
Fish Fry: Y-Pines on S (Good Walleye)
Must go to Hayward Bakery (Their Fresh Breads are Outstanding)

Enjoy!

Dave Hardy
07-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Chippewa Inn for sure. Doggie bag what you dont finish and take it on the water for your lunch the next day.

I only know R&R for breakfasts, but it is tough to do much better.

TheHobbits
07-02-2010, 09:56 PM
Thanks all for the replies, will give some of these a try, some I've already been at but am sure will go again, once again, thanks for taking the time to answer and give me ideas

Dan Hardy
07-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Chippewa Inn

TheeMuskyManiac
07-07-2010, 08:52 AM
Anglers Bar & Grill. Real good!! ohhh. like silver fox said the Hayward bakery is also the best. and very cheap bread too. like 60 cents if i remember right!

makins117
07-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Although I haven't hit many of the restaurants up there, in the last two times up there I have eaten at Pat's Landing, Treelands and The Landing for lunch and thought each place had really good lunch food. Never really had a fantastic dinner anywhere, but I haven't been to Chippewa Inn so it looks like I will have to try that when I come up in September. As for breakfast I always make it a point to get to Robin's Nest Cafe which has never failed to be really good.

RossL
07-13-2010, 12:18 PM
We tried Ray Jays for the first time last week. Great pizza and the appetizer sampler was very good also.

Paul
07-13-2010, 03:50 PM
Chippewa Inn for an excellent steak dinner. Ray Jay's for nice casual dinner and drinks. Deerfoot for lunch.