PDA

View Full Version : St. Clair

Mark Steinert
06-28-2010, 09:58 AM
This is gonna be a long post. First let me say thanks to Bruce for letting me stay with him for 2 nights and fishing with him on Friday. Thanks to Mark for taking me out Thursday. I learned alot.
Drenda brought the toon up Friday evening for the tournament and we went 21 for 25 and 8 rips. Also lost a huge one that broke my snap,DAMIT. No giants landed but man were we busy. The fish really turned on and that was great. We did good with the new tuff shads and the little St. Clair hounds. We were running an 8 rod spread with 10 lures and man can that keep you busy. The great thing is when the reels start screaming you know it's a fish and not a snag like Alum.
Can't say enough about the great job everyone did getting everything together and thanks to all who pitched in and made it all possible. Extra thanks to Bruce Bauer and his wonderful Wife Anita. They are not even members of our chapter but really put in alot of work and Anita and her sister prepared alot of the food and set alot up. It was great.
Congrats to Mary Arnt on the winning 53+. It was a great fish.
Also congrats to Rob for his first 50.
The only bad thing was the ride home. I was going about 65 miles an hour on the highway and my tire exploded on the trailor. Let me just say your ass will pucker when you look in your mirror and you see your trailor jacknife and slide into the lane next to you and then take you with it. Thank GOD no one was next to us because we were sliding sideways taking up 3 lanes I really thought we were going to flip. I finally got it back behind me and off to the side of the road. I don't remember the last time I was shaking that hard. Made sure I said an extra prayer last night when we made it home safe.
All in all, It was a great weekend with alot of great people. Can't wait to get back up there. See you all on the water.
Tight lines, Mark.

alleycatlures
06-29-2010, 11:14 AM
Glad to hear you made it home ok. That'll wake you up! Sounds like you had a good weekend. Are there many smaller fish being caught there, all 21 over 30" ? Congrats to you both.

Cliff

Brent Spence
06-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Vast majority under 30". BUT-I think it says that the future is bright! I say that because we only caught one over 30".

Mark Steinert
06-29-2010, 01:30 PM
Yeah Cliff there are some dinks being caught but like Brent said the future looks real good.