PDA

View Full Version : End of June Fishing Report 6/27/2010

Mike Allen
06-27-2010, 10:11 PM
Another outstanding week of fishing. It has slowed a little due to our many changes in weather conditions and high amounts of rain, but our guide service is still 100% for the week. The depths on both lakes have not changed. The more wind the merrier on Lake Sharpe. The bite is a little shaky when there is no wind. The best fishing on Lake Sharpe is from the Dam to Iron Nation, and on Lake Franicis Case from Crow Creek to the dam. We have also had scattered reports of a decent bite 7-9 miles south of Chamberlain. Night Crawlers and Crank Baits have been working best. The smallmouth bite on Lake Sharpe has been decent. I have been guiding for them off and on.

Here is my week's fishing. On Monday I had a group(3 GENERATIONS) from Arlington and Sioux Falls, SD. We caught around 50 fish and had our limit (16) by noon. Will (youngest) showed the group just how to catch those mighty walleyes.

Tues day off to catch up on bookwork.

Wed I fished with a group from Central Iowa. We caught 90-100 walleyes with a few smallmouth mixed. We had our limit caught by 10:30 a.m. and fished until 2:45 catching and releasing fish.

Thursday-Sat. I fished with a group from Des Moines, IA. We caught their possession of walleyes and 1 short of their possession of smallmouth. We caught over 100 walleyes and 90 smallmouth on their trip. 190 fish in 3 days, not bad. Tony had 2 show us how to catch those fish, but Joe landed an 18 1/2 inch smally.

On Sunday I had a father/son from Tabernash, CO. We caught 50 walleyes by 10:30 a.m. Then they came back to their drive home. Cole had the hot hand at the start of the day.

Until next week
Mike Allen

On Sunday,