PDA

View Full Version : Big Bay DeNoc fish story

bignoccursg
06-25-2010, 08:28 PM
I have been bass fishing since I was 4 or 5 years old, I'm 46 now. My father loves bass fishing and would take me as a kid every chance he had. I've had a cabin on BBDN since 1993 and would argue that it is the best place in the world to fish smallies. I have had an uncountable number of fantastic bass fishing days there over the last 17 years. My dad is retired and lives in West Virginia now. He is in Michigan for a couple of weeks so we headed up to cabin for a few days. Tuesday afternoon we spent 4 or 5 hours bass fishing. It was a day I'll be talking about on my death bed. We caught a beautiful, hard fighting BBDN smallmouth almost every cast the whole time we were fishing. As fast as we could unhook and release a fish we could catch another one. We caught well over 200 of the best looking, hardest fighting fish ever. While none were 4 pounders, they were all 12-18 inchers and all fought like they were 4 pounders. My arms and ribs were sore the next day from all the hook sets and hard fights. How lucky am I to have been fishing with my father on the best fishing day of both of our lives?
If you get a chance, take your father or son bass fishing on Big Bay.

propman
06-25-2010, 10:26 PM
You have a PM from propman..

mecosmo
06-25-2010, 11:27 PM
Life truly goes full circle......doesn't sound like the acorn has fallin far from the tree, Oh Yeah nice fishing too!

retired
06-26-2010, 07:00 AM
To the father son fishing team,

I can relate, I too have had some great memories fishing on the bays for the past 15 years with my son. This spring, on the the opener we had 4 rods go all at once with keeper walleye. Looked like a fire drill while others looked on and laughed at us. Events like this is what keeps us coming back to the "noc"!!!

YooperTroll
06-26-2010, 08:32 AM
Amen! Another tip: take a camera out on the water with you! My dad died in 2007 and one of the best things I have of him is a picture I have framed on my office wall that I took of him a few years ago when we were on a trout stream together.

I'm very conscious of my own memories of fishing with my dad when I take my 8-year-old son out fishing. And we go quite a bit.

Rearrange your schedule to go fishing! Your life's memories at the end of line won't be about the hours you put in at work--it will be of those times you made time to be outdoors with your family.

otee
06-27-2010, 11:08 AM
My son is scheduled to arrive this Tuesday for 10 days fishing out of Fairport and he is bringing his 8 yr. old son along. Grandpa is looking forward to teaching another kid how to fish Salmon!

bignoccursg
06-28-2010, 09:00 AM
We made one trip down to Fairport, went 2 for 2. My 9 year old daughter caught her first salmon. 12lb king. I love trolling for salmon, but dad and kids like the bass action better. They made the right choice.