PDA

View Full Version : Ty-wooden pacemaker ?

lost another anchor
06-22-2010, 06:24 PM
Received a wooden pacemaker (purple lace) for fathers day. My question to you is that it has a shrink tube on the rear hook bead chain that makes the hook stand straight out in line with the bait-was that original and what type leader works the best with the wooden pacemakers . thanks

Ty Sennett
06-23-2010, 08:22 PM
The shrink tube is an add on. You can leave it but the bait might roll more with it on.

The best leader for Pacemakers are ones without swivels. The swivels tend to weight down any topwater baits. Also try to stay away from flourocarbon leaders also with topwater for the same reason. Sometimes it doesn't matter so try what you have first and see if you even need any change.

Good luck,

ToddM
06-28-2010, 09:19 PM
Was it red shrink wrap? I just sold somebody a purple lace wood pacemaker with shrink wrap on it. I liked that bait but I seen someone on m1st really wanting one in that color, plus i have several pacemakers, I hope it works well for you.

I added the shrink wrap to the one I had anyway, it's supposed to help with hookups.

lost another anchor
06-28-2010, 09:51 PM
no the wrap was black TY said something about the bait rolling with the shrink wrap on , have you noticed it doing that

ToddM
06-28-2010, 10:02 PM
no I did not notice on the one i sold., the only time it would roll is if you retrieved it too fast like most tail baits will.