PDA

View Full Version : Another Outstanding Week of Walleye Fishing 6/20/2010

Mike Allen
06-20-2010, 10:43 PM
It has been another outstanding week of walleye fishing. Pretty much the same report as last week. (One thing we like about our area is consistency). The bite on Sharpe is from Iron Nation to the Big Bend Dam. 10 - 25 feet has been best. The shallower depths when the wind is blowing. Francis Case bite is from Kiowa to the Dam. 10 - 20 feet of water has been best. There also has been a decent bite in the fast water. (Better be experienced to catch fish there). Minnows, Nightcrawlers, Leaches, and Trolling Crankbaits have all been working.

Here is my week fishing report starting Monday. Monday through Wed I had a family (dad, 2 sons) from Clinton, IA. We limitted on walleyes the first 2 days and went smally fishing on the 3rd. We caught almost 300 fish in 3 days. Over 180 walleyes and 100 smallies.

On Thursday I was part of a corporate group. My group consisted of guys from Lincoln, NE, Yankton, SD and Donaphin, NE. I struggled a little on this day. We did battle Hurricane type winds, 50 mph +. We worked at it and caught our limit (16) about 2:45. We estimated that we caught 50 - 60 fish on this day in Deadliest Catch type weather.

On Friday and Saturday I had a group from Lincoln, NE. We fished just walleyes on the first day. Had our limit by 10:00 a.m. We stayed out and enjoyed the day and caught 100 plus walleyes. On Sat we fished walleyes and smallies. We caught over 80 walleyes, limit by 10:30 a.m. and went and caught 30-35 smallies. Outstanding fishing weekend.

On Sunday, I fished with a family from Sioux Falls, SD. An outstanding fathers day present. Morgan (daughter) was the best fisherperson in the boat for the morning. Caught the first 7 fish. Caden and their father caught up during the day. All in all we caught 70 walleyes, had their limit (12) by 9:30 a.m.

Until next week
Mike Allen