PDA

View Full Version : Minn-Kota Shaft Sleeve Knob

Bones
06-20-2010, 09:54 AM
The knob that tightens the sleeve on the shaft of my Terrova trolling motor is stripped (picture attached). Has anyone else had this problem and found a replacement knob that has a more durable design? I can't get the sleeve tight enough to support the motor so the shaft is all the way down and makes it impossible to use in shallow water. Pressing a plastic knob on the steel threaded shaft doesn't seem like the best design. Granted, I probably cranked it a bit more than I needed to, but now that its stripped, its pretty much non functioning.

moquah
06-21-2010, 06:40 AM
drill a 1/8th " hole through both pieces and insert a 1/8th " drift pin through it. hardware or auto parts stores should have the drift pins.

deantre
06-21-2010, 09:30 AM
rockler has a good selection of these type of knobs at pretty good prices and a great web site:
http://www.rockler.com/CategoryView.cfm?Cat_ID=248&filter=plastic%20knob

there is quite a selection so you should find some that fit and they are not near as expensive as they would with the minnekota name.

Kyle K.
06-21-2010, 12:24 PM
When mine cracked the other day. I went to scheels in Eau Claire and they had that part in stock(in there service department). it took a few mins to swap it out. it costed about 10 bucks for the new part.
hope this helps. if nothing else i have the screw parts from my old one that is no good to me any more if your intrested in them at all i could send them your way.

-Kyle