PDA

View Full Version : Stillwater baits

Ray Perry
06-17-2010, 04:03 PM
So does anyone catch muskies on Stillwaters? I don't think I have ever even moved a fish on one. I've caught many muskies on pacemakers, creeptonites, and rough runners but never on a stillwater.

I think it will be my goal this season to catch a musky on one. Unless everyone else thinks it's useless to try. In that case I will stick to the pacemaker.

Thanks,
Ray Perry

stinger
06-18-2010, 01:38 PM
Hell yes, they catch muskies. But lets keep that a secret.

Ty Sennett
06-18-2010, 02:00 PM
You might want to ask Gary Brady. He's a guy I take out quite a bit. He caught a bunch in a couple years fishing with them on the Chip and the smallest was like 43 if I remember right. For a while there I caught more with a Stillwater hour for hour than any in the box. Last year stopped that streak. We didn't do well with them last year. Use them when there is a slight chop or heavy chop. They work better in the wind.

Knowing your fishing skills, it shouldn't be a problem for you to catch fish on it.

Ray Perry
06-19-2010, 06:19 AM
So if I'm to use the stillwater in waves and chop should I run the rough runner on calm still days?

Hope the fishing is going well,

Ray

Ty Sennett
06-19-2010, 10:12 PM
No Ray, you shouldn't. Actually I should have told you to bend the rear blade down slightly on the Stillwater to get it to run quieter on calm nights. What was I thinking with the name Stillwater? So restrictive on it's capabilities.

Gary Brady
06-20-2010, 11:20 AM
Ty is right I've done very well on them. They're a nice change up to what everyone else throws and fish generally crush them and are hooked well. Don't be afraid to throw them in the wind and they seem to really shine in post frontal conditions. I use a very moderate retrieve, most people reel them way too fast. Hope that helps. Got your message Ty I look forward to seeing you in a month!

Gary

Ray Perry
06-21-2010, 07:22 AM
Thanks for the info guys.

Ray