PDA

View Full Version : Walleyes on Gogebic

tim long
06-14-2010, 06:53 PM
The walleye fishing on Lake Gogebic has been pretty good and fairly consistent.
On a full day trip we are averaging between 20-30 walleyes with 5-10 keepers per day. I have been working on a new technique that my friend Gary Parsons turned me onto. It has produced some bigger fish (20"+)

For the most part I have been trolling cranks at about 2mph. to catch my fish.

I have not talked to too many people in this last week that have been targeting the pan fish so I don't have a lot of information there.

If anyone has any questions about fishing Lake gogebic please feel free to contact me by the information listed below or put up a new post with your questions or information and I will reply.

Have a great day on the water,

Tim

tim long
06-14-2010, 11:26 PM
Tim, Thanks for your report. I have been watching your reports on Gogebic
for a little while and appreciate them. We will be at Gogebic June 19-26,
this is my 3rd time there. The first year we had a tough time catching fish
but managed to get a few, last year the mayflies hatched the day we got there walleyes were tough but we changed to smallies and had a blast
catching them on top water. This year I would like to get some walleyes and find some perch.You said in your report you pulled cranks at 2mph.That sounds like what I did at Cass Lake Minnesota we pulled shad raps mostly
and did very well with them. I tried that the first year at Gogebic but did not have much success. I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction to catch walleyes with this cranks method. Also some info in locating the perch would really be appreciated. I am not asking for your hot spots just what to look for and a presentation that will catch fish.

Thanks Tim, look forward to hearing from you.

Rick Uittenbogaard

Thanks Rick,

When you are in the area and if you would like to stop by at the resort I would be happy to go over a map with you and talk fishing for a while before you head out. This Lake really is a great fishery and with the start of W.F.T
I think it will only get better in the years to come.

Take care,

Tim