PDA

View Full Version : Forgetting the net at home is bad.

jkahler
06-14-2010, 10:27 AM
Went out to a small lake yesterday and after we launched the boat I realized we didn't have the net. Doh! Knowing my luck, I figured we wouldn't catch anything so we just kept on fishing.

About 2 hours later I get a follow/nip on a Hellhound, my friend casts to it and catches it (about a 32") on a Reef Hawg. Game on!

In the ensuing chaos it ends up getting hooked to the front of his jacket and wildy flopping all over him! I kept my game face on and quickly cut the leader and then the hooks and let it go. I cannot stop laughing about it now, it looked sort of like this, but with way more arm waving.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii88/inferno715/muskyshirt.jpg

Mark Benson
06-14-2010, 01:26 PM
jkahler:

That's good stuff!!! If you want to catch fish, keep the net/camera/ruler/hookouts (think of anything else) out of the boat. They'll make ya pay every time!!!

Mark

Nick Kanauz
06-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Hey J and Mark---got one better than that...I CHECKED the boat to make sure that the net was in. It was! Knew the Musky rods were locked in the boat's rod locker and took off aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllll the way across our lake, through the 1.5 mile thorougfare to the other lake, then all the way to the other side to my selected fishing grounds for the day. Man...could have chucked lures for about 15-20 minutes till I ran out. Left all the rods on the porch, where I had replaced all the reels braid during the storm! Top it all off, my rain gear was on the porch too, and guess what happened on the trip back...uh huh! My wife was laughing her butt off because what I thought was a have a good time fishing wave, was her actually trying to get me back for my rods! Oh yeah...gets brought up several times a year. I'm with you JK...stuff happens!

Ty Sennett
06-15-2010, 08:15 AM
Great visuals. Thanks guys,