PDA

View Full Version : Who Cares About the Rain Fishing Report 6/13/2010

Mike Allen
06-13-2010, 10:16 PM
It has been another awesome week of fishing. You would think with 5 + inches of rain that the fishing would slow down. The smallies have slowed, but the walleye fishing remains awesome. Fishing has been great from Crow Creek to the Dam and the whole southern 1/3rd of Lake Sharpe. The bite was just starting at Elm Creek, but I am sure that will slow up again until the mud clears. The best depth of water has been from 13 - 23 feet. Mostly Crawlers, but you can catch fish on minnows and leaches.

Here is my weekend report starting on Wed. I had a group from Sioux Falls, SD. We caught 50 walleyes by 11:00 a.m. and went and fished smallies for the afternoon. We caught 60 smallies with an 18 1/2 incher.

On Thursday I guided a father/son from Omaha, NE. We caught 70 walleyes by noon and caught 27 smallies from noon until 2:30p.m. Mitch caught most of the fish that day.

On Friday and Sat I had a group from New London, IA. Friday was a little slower, we are really spoiled with how the fishing has been, a 4 inch rain probably helped that. We caught 65 fish and filled our limit (20) by 1:00 p.m. Fished smallies for 45 minutes and caught 11.
On Sat we got back in a groove caught 80 fish and our limit by 11:45p.m. No smally fishing because of rain. I also had an afternnon trip on Sat. I took out a couple from Omaha, NE. We caught around 70 fish. One heck of an afternoon. Excellent job of fishing by Jo Lynn, Jay was starting to catch up to his wife by the end of the day.

My Sunday trip was a group from Hitchcock and Springfield, SD. We caught our limit (16) by 10:30a.m. We caught 40 fish that morning, and quit fishing for the day (rain). The guide Sunday (me) could even catch walleyes following a 4:00 a.m. batchelor party for a good friend. The Kansas and Missouri boys fishing with Garry(dad) and Ken wanted me to throw that in.

Unitl next week
Mike Allen