PDA

View Full Version : No 18" Size Limit For The Big Chip

walleyemaxx
06-13-2010, 06:10 PM
Hi every one.

GOOD NEWS, according to the June 11 edition of the Wisconsin Outdoor News, the DNR has decided to scrap the plans for an 18" minimum size limit for the Chippewa Flowage. The DNR suggested to the Natural Resource Board- (NRB)- several rule changes, and the NRB agreed. There are quite a few that affect the Chippewa Flowage.

Besides doing away with the ridiculous 18" rule, Other actions approved for the Chippewea Flowage are,

#1-Approved an ice fishing season to include all panfish with a 25 fish daily aggregate bag limit.(note that that means 50 in possesion, not 2280 thank you)
#2- Aproved an ice fishing season for Bass and Northerns. This is good news because of the fact that alot of people fish for Northerns thru the ice. This opens up some excellent opportunities for us ice fishing nuts. Walleyes still will NOT be open. That is also good.

#3- Dropped the trollimng proposal for all of Saywer county. The Chippewa Flowage will NOT have trolling. Good or bad? I'm not sure. If they made it one pole trolling, I would be happy. No trolling, I can live with. I do know of one Flowage guide who excells at trolling and wanted to see it. So this news is good and bad depending on who you are. Luckily there are other lakes in Saywer county that will still allow trolling.

The fisheries head of the DNR did say they will come back next year with other management options for Walleyes. The one I think will be eventually adopted is the one over 14" rule. That is the rule that the county fishery biologists wanted in the first place. Personaly, I'm happy with most of the new rule changes that will take affect next year, and also for the ones that won't. I like reporting good news for a change.

Walleyemaxx

JENS
06-14-2010, 07:49 AM
I am happy with all the changes also. I kind of forget about the ice fishing, I will have to give it a shot.
Jens

walleyemaxx
06-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Hi JENS,

I'm really very happy about the decisions that our DNR made. It will be good for the Chippewa Flowage. If you don't ice fish, you should. It's a blast.

Walleyemaxx