PDA

View Full Version : June 10th report big fish!

Ty Sennett
06-11-2010, 11:21 AM
We had a great day yesterday. Josh and Josh fished with me yesterday. Made it easy to not screw up the names. In the morning we had one fish hit and three follow. Front of the boat Josh caught a 34 inch fish and it put on a good show for a boat that stopped to watch the fight. Middle of the boat Josh and I just thought he was showing off for the onlookers. That was his first Chip fish. Actually, this was both of their first time being on the Chip. The other three fish that followed were nice fish. One was an upper forty inch fish and the other two looked to be around forty inches. We had a long spell without any action besides middle of the boat Josh putting on a tremendous pike display. At one of the last spots I had a big follow and then it hit after one full figure eight. There was a little chaos for a second when the fish flew into the back of the boat right after the hookset. I thought that thing was going to rip my legs apart. Thankfully it landed back in the water and we netted it after a long fight. We measured it and got some good pictures and let it go. The fish was 48 inches. The weird thing was that I had weeds on my Big Game and the fish still hit. Evidently that fish wanted the bait pretty bad. That was a good way to end the day. Good time with the Josh's.

Water temp was 64 to 66 degrees.

DMBFID
06-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Hi Ty,
"Middle of the boat Josh" and "Front of the boat Josh" Wow, is that funny!
Fidler

twells
06-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Nice work. Sounds like the season is off to a good start.

RobertTB
06-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Far out ! Congrats !

I am curious...this chaos you mentioned, and your thought process regarding being leg ripped...did this happen quickly or very, very quickly ? Sometimes, I am amazed at how fast our thoughts happen. Think about it.

Brad L.
06-12-2010, 08:27 PM
That sounds like a great day. Can't wait to see pictures and hear the story next weekend.

Ty, what time are we meeting at Treeland's on the 19th?

Ty Sennett
06-13-2010, 11:16 AM
It happened in slow motion but I'm guessing it really happened very fast.

Hey Brad, 7:00AM at Treelands is the gameplan. See you there. We've got a few big ones to chase down.

Brad L.
06-13-2010, 03:38 PM
Sounds great. Can't wait to get on the water and get a couple.