PDA

View Full Version : 8/31 Chain Pounders Muskie League banquet 2010

Muskie Matt
06-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Week 12 of fishin', here's the team standings and final scores for the 2010 Chain Pounders Tuesday Evening Muskie League:

3rd Wild Eagle Lodge 0/0/44/0/0/0/0/81/0/0/0/120
Muskie Matt-44-37
Derek-39
Mark
Jonathan

White Spruce 0/0/0/0/0/0/37.5/0/0/0/0/0
Damon
Rick
Darin
Tim-37.5

1st Eagle River Inn 0/0/0/0/0/0/34/73/110/148/185/234
Joe-37
Glenn
Marcus
Nate-34-39-38-37-49

Eagle Waters 0/42/0/0/0/0/76.5/0/0/0/0/0
Al
John-42-34.5
Jeremy
Larry

2nd Chanticleer 0/0/0/0/70/105/149.5/0/0/0/0/0
Bill-44.5
Scott-34.5-35.5-35
Lloyd
Carol

Twelve Pines 0/0/0/0/0/34.5/0/0/73/0/0/108
Eric-38.5
Jill-34.5
Bob-35
Ann

Our Dates and Meeting Locations: A huge THANK YOU to all our 2010 host sites!
June-8th WEL/15th White Spruce/22nd ER Inn/29th Eagle Waters
July-6th Chanticleer/13th Twelve Pines/20th Wild Eagle/27th White Spruce
August-3rd ER Inn/10th Eagle Waters/17th Chanticleer/24th Twelve Pines

Our Chain Pounders banquet date has been determined... Tuesday, August 31st @ Twelve Pines 5-6pm Cocktails/6pm Dinner

I'll be posting league results below throughout our 12 week run.

June 8th update:
What can we say? Wait, I know... hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Man, it was raining out. What a way to start this years league, brings back memories of last summer. We were out there though, some longer than others but dammit, we were fishin'! We got our 24 guys/gals this season and everybody put forth great effort yesterday despite very gloomy conditions. No fish were caught our first outing, again bringing memories of last years start. Last year four weeks went by before the league posted their first catch, let's hope that isn't the case this season. Without doubt the evenings "drowned rat" award goes to Scott, between all of us he looked like he'd just jumped in the pool when he walked in...
Thanks everybody, hell of an effort yesterday.

June 15th update:
10043 It wasn't pouring down rain this week at least but we did see some misty rain and cool water/air temps for the evening. The biggest news this week is... we've got a fish on the board! And, not only was it a beautiful 42in tiger but it was caught by our Eagle Waters team members John and Al! These two guys fished hard all last season without posting a fish, came back this year with a "let's git er done" attitude, and have posted our first fish of the season! No two guys deserved this distinction more... CONGRATULATIONS! I want to thank all our league members, great effort by everyone and we had a hoot at our meeting afterwards. Also want to thank our host site White Spruce for accommodating us last night, excellent snacks and just plain friendly people, visit the White Spruce, by land or water, and check em' out soon!

June 22nd update:
10190We got some summer weather fishin' this week of league, air temps in the 80's, water temps climbed into the mid-70's. I found 75-76 quite common on the dark water of the river. Lloyd n Carol of team Chanticleer definately got the "Beef of the Week" award in the hassle they had loading their boat at the marina landing in town. I guess their trailer frame kept getting caught on the concrete landing because of the wash hole which made pulling out a near impossible task. Lloyd's only beef was "I ran outta beer". Ya gotta know Lloyd... Another yearly event took place this evening: "Scuba Darin" did his seasonal in-water bait check, just to see what baits looked like in dark water. Once again, ya gotta know Darin... We did have one fish caught, a nice fat 44in fish by team Wild Eagle... I caught it just smokin' a spinner bait through weeds. We had a great meeting afterwards at Eagle River Inn, many thanks to the staff there.

June 29th update:
Wow, what a drop in air temp this Tuesday! We saw fish but nobody was able to put one on the board... Of note this week was Big Lar's instinct of wanting to fish Eagle Lake with surface baits but was swayed by his partner Jeremy to fish Catfish/Cranberry with bucktails... where were the most fish seen? On Eagle with surface baits by their team partners John and Al! I guess the lesson here is: When you're the one driving the boat, listen to your instincts! Also, it seems my partner, Derek, will be back in the action next week as doctors gave him the green light to give fishing a shot... well all right! As always, a great effort by all league teams and a huge thank you to Eagle Waters Resort for their hospitality and great fish fry!

July 6th update:
10547Some big happenings this week with the Chain Pounders... Our first "double" in the history of Tuesday league, congratulations to Scott of team Chanticleer on catching 34.5 and a 35.5 muskies! Very cool and worth 50 bucks for the effort! great job Scott! Also of note is I fished with my partner, Derek, after being out the first four weeks of league because of back surgery. Doctors gave him the green light to give it a shot and everything went well, no more back pain while standing! Welcome back Derek! Stories this week... Darin was a hoot as usual, Lloyd got his boat loaded without incident, and all of us except Scott got skunked, woohoo! As usual a great effort by all the teams, many thanks to the substitute fishermen for filling in, always fun seeing the new faces at our gatherings. I'll try to get a pic or two up soon... Thanks everybody, I so look forward to Tuesday muskie league!

July 13th update:
11091We're halfway through our league season now! This week congrats go to Scott once again, who seems to be on a great roll by doubling last week and pulling in another 35in this week! Team Chanticleer is pushing out into the lead with vigor... Also on the board this week is Jill with a 34in fish for team Twelve Pines, another team on the board! WOOHOO! Great work Jill, keep putting them in the boat! With our current league standings it's still pretty much anybodies race even with team Chanticleer beginning to put on steam. I've seen these things switch around faster than you'd imagine. All the teams fished hard, weather was perfect, I truly expected a few more fish on the board... but then again I always do. A huge thank you to Twelve Pines tavern for the gracious welcome and excellent pizza! We now begin our host site rotation again, Wild Eagle Lodge next week... we gotta get one for the team next week!

July 20th update:
11537Whoa! We had our biggest evening fishing yet! Four fish were caught! A 44.5 inch beautiful tiger was the largest, caught by Bill of team Chanticleer, way to go Bill! Also boating fish were teams from White Spruce, Eagle Waters, and Eagle River Inn. Great job guys and good fishin by ALL our league members! Thanks this week go to our host site, Wild Eagle Lodge.

July 27th update: Another good week! Two more fish boated this week! A 39 and 37. We fished some of the warmest water temps I've seen during a summer for the last couple years. This week would have to be called the "tornado week", we were fishin' with some heavy weather bearing down on us and would occasionally duck under a bridge to dodge rain. The heavy weather came in about the last hour and everyone bailed off the water. Big storm, lost trees all over the area. White Spruce was an excellent host this week, everybody had a great time at our meeting.

August 3rd update:
11090We're putting fish on the board with a little more consistantly these days. Two more fish caught with the big fish caught by Eric, a 38.5, congrats Eric! Hot, muggy weather this Tuesday evening with a short but one of the hardest rain storms I've seen all season, man, it came down in sheets for 15 minutes or so! There was of course another "Darin" story but I could only get fragments of "a fifth", "naked guy", and more swimming of some sort taking place. Have to ask the guys next week to fill us all in! Again a great time afterwards with the guys and many thanks to Eagle River Inn for hosting us.

August 10th update:
Look out! Nate is on a roll and has that top spot in his sights for team Eagle River Inn. After a bit of a slump at the beginning of our run he's getting very consistant with putting fish in the boat, and this is even after having his boat t-boned by a 91 year old lady last week as he was heading to our meeting! Tough to stop this guy...! Hot and muggy conditions persisted this evening but fish were seen, hooked/lost, and caught. Water temps are as high as I've seen in the last few years, 79 degrees! That's warm! A huge thank you to Laura and Eagle Waters, or host site last night, for the wonderful and delicious fish fry that was put out for the Chain Pounders to enjoy. An evening of fishing, food/drinks afterwards, and a lot of laughs... that's what Tuesday evening muskie league is all about! Great fishin' by all the Pounders, see ya next week!

August 17th update:
Man! Nate is on a roll! Yet another fish in the boat on his secret "Nate Bait", gonna have to get one of those! I think it was a 37in fish, I'll have to check again but no matter, whatever it was it firmly put team Eagle River Inn up in the top position this week. I'll get some pics to post soon. Many thanks to our host site the Chanticleer Inn and as always, a huge thank you to ALL our fisher people for yet another great effort. This coming week will tell all as it'll be out last outing for the summer. Our Pounder teams will be jockeying for final positions... let's "git er done"!

August 24th update:
11440This was our last Chain Pounder outing for the 2010 league season and we couldn't have wrapped it up any better, weather was great, fish were caught, great meeting afterwards. The muskies seemed fairly active this evening with quite a few undersize fish caught and three legal size fish reported. Bob got a 35in fish for team Twelve Pines, Derek got a 39in for team Wild Eagle, his first Chain Pounders league fish! Way to go Derek! To top everything off our top fisherman lately, Nate, popped a 49in fish!! Which securely puts team Eagle River Inn in the top position for the 2010 league season and leaves Nate as our top points scorer AND he takes big fish honors for the season! WOW! Way to go Nate, hell of an ending buddy! We give a big thank you to Twelve Pines for hosting our meeting afterwards, damn, that's some good pizza! We're going to miss our Tuesday evening fishing, it seemed to go so quickly this year, but never fear... there's rumblings within the league of doing a short fall league, hmmmmm, sounds cool! Thank you to ALL our league fishermen/women, excellent fishing by everyone, some great stories shared, we're already looking forward to next year!

August 31st League Banquet:
11538We had a GREAT time at Twelve Pines for our league banquet, excellent food, company, stories, etc. Many thanks to Eric n Jill for hosting us! An evening like we had was the perfect way to wrap up the Chain Pounder season. When we cooked up this idea two years ago, this was the exact type of informal gathering of friends we had in mind, even exceeding our expectations. I want to personally thank each and every Pounder for their efforts fishing and for sharing each week their unique experiences with the whole league. I also want to thank each team sponsor for their part in the Chain Pounders Tuesday Evening Muskie League! We've got our thoughts on next season already and also thinking about an impromptu League "Championship" outing this fall! THAT sounds like a cool idea! Stay tuned...