PDA

View Full Version : June 5 fishing report

JENS
06-06-2010, 08:55 AM
Hello Tom,
You and I have never met but I have read your posts on Larry's forums and I enjoyed reading them. You had asked to post fishing reports here since you aren't able to get out yourself for awhile. So I thought I would post a few when I get out fishing.
I went out yesterday around 3pm on the east side. It was raining but no storms. I thought with the cloud cover I would have a good chance of finding walleye shallow. So I went hump jumping. I fished the tops and sides of several humps and had only caught smallmouth. By 7pm I was pretty discouraged and headed to a hump that I had caught fish on before with wood on the sides and the top was 10fow. I started throwing a jig with a leech bringing it down the sides. By 8pm I didn't have any luck and was ready to call it a day when I caught my 1st walleye. By 8:30 I had caught 8 walleye 1-19" and the rest 15" and smaller. I could see more rain moving so I left. I was happy with end result but I really believed that I was going to catch walleye all day long, so much for knowing what these fish are going to do.

walleyemaxx
06-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Hi JENS,

Thank you for the report. I really enjoy reading about fishing now that I still am laid up for a while. Sounds like you worked hard for those Walleyes! But the reward was well worth it. Those are the kind of days you will remember with a smile. It pays to be persistent.

I was thinking of sneaking out this afternoon to fish a local lake from shore. It's a small lake with Bass and Walleyes. If I do, it will be for only a short time. If it rains I'll be grounded. Looks like rain now, but hopefully it will stop by tonight.

Please keep reporting on your fishing. I really enjoy it, and I think the people who visit my website do too. It 's good to read a report from experienced anglers such as yourself. Again, thanks. I look forward to more reports.

Walleyemaxx