PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Memorial Weekend Fishing 5/31/2010

Mike Allen
05-31-2010, 09:34 PM
It has been an excellent week of fishing. Our service limitted every boat this week. ON Sat we had 11 guide boats out and most were full by noon. All on Lake Sharpe scattered from the North Shore Ramp to Iron Nation. The walleyes have turned to about 60% crawlers and 40% minnows. I caught 1 fish on Saturday that was still milking. Amazing for memorial weekend.

There have still been limits on Lake Francis Case. Around the Big Bend Dam was good this weekend, along with Crow Creek. Not much for reports from the south, but have heard they are finally starting to catch some walleyes.

Here is my weekend report. On Saturday and Sunday there was a family of 7 from Owatanna, MN out in my and Kenny Allen's boat. I believe this was there 8th Memorial Weekend at Allen's. On day 1 I fished with the guys (3) and Ken fished with the girls (4). Both boats filled by 11 a.m. The girls got there limit by 1 minute over the guys. We fished the Pumphouse area. The next day we switched boats, again both boats filled around 11:00 a.m. The guys won the contest on day 2 with the biggest fish. We fished upriver from West Bend on day 2. Outstanding fishing on both days. Between the 2 boats we caught between 280 and 300 fish. Another outstanding South Dakota Fishing Vacation.

Look forward to seeing you
Mike Allen