PDA

View Full Version : Mendota 06/01/10

rk_diver
05-31-2010, 06:26 PM
Been out on Mendota monitoring the progress of some Bluegill beds the last few days. More beds every day, but today was the first time I've actually seen the gills on them. I thought I'd found schools of Walleye's off Dunn's Bar yesterday morning (Sunday). Marked some schools in 35 to 40 FOW, some suspended, others hugging the bottom. Dropped the camera down, kind of hard to see on the monitor with the bright sun, but they were shaped like Walleyes and looked to have white tips on their tails. I setup the camcorder so I could see better, and was disappointed to see they were actually white suckers. Oh well, it was exciting for a little while! Other then that found some big logs off Dunn's & in Warner Bay. Also interesting was a smaller marl depression west of Dunn's in 50+ FOW. Was looking with the camera and got a glimpse of a fish that had been sitting on the bottom of the depression. Couldn't tell what it was, first impression though it was a carp but can't say for sure. Finally, it appears the lake is starting to stratify. There's a white "cloud" bank that's appearing now, which is typical of the thermocline layer. Rick