PDA

View Full Version : Monday May 24

tim long
05-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I have been on here to give a fishing report with the early spring that we had this year and then fishing being closed until the 15th of May.

First I want you to know that the water level is very low on Lake Gogebic right now for this time of year. You can still get your boats in at all the boat landings but use caution and keep those motors trimmed up at the ramps.

I have heard of a lot local people complaining about the fact that fishing is slow.
I would have to admit that the walleyes are not jumping in the boat, But the people that are staying here at the resort are catching fish as a matter of fact I have some groups that are just wackin the heck out of them. This morning I had to unload an entire chest freezer full of fish skins for gabage pick up.

The fish are there and seems to be a lot of nice healthy 16-20" walleye.

My perch fishing guys are doing well too and they are also picking up some big crappies.

Whats the patter, depth, color, speed,etc. you ask??

This is what I can tell you. Some perch and walleye are being caught in the same locations. Shallow weeds. Fat heads seem to be the most popular bait presentation. Trolling deeper water has produce some fish also. Seem to me like the guys that fish hard and are willing to try something new are the ones that are doing good.

Now that fishing has gotten under way I will be back on this report at least once a week.

If you have any questions before heading out on to Lake Gogebic feel free to give me a call at the resort, and we can talk fishin.

Thanks and have a great day,

Tim Long