PDA

View Full Version : Lake Wausau Bowfishing

Todd Bohm
05-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Just a reminder to anglers bowfishing on Lake Wausau..........please dispose of your carp properly. I talked with the local game wardens today and they have had a number of complaints about fish being left at the landings. They will be making an effort to crack down on people violating this law. Besides being unsightly, this gives bowfisherman a bad reputation. Please help us out and take your carp with you and dispose of them properly.

Anglers, if you see bowfisherman leaving their fish on shore or by the landings feel free to say something or get a boat number and call the local game warden.

See you on the water
Todd

tyrone
05-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Thanks Todd.

This has been on my mind the last couple of days I'm glad you brought it up. The dumpster at Bluegill park is FULL of carp! Proper disposal does not mean throwing your carp in the boat landing garbage dumpster. Take them home and fill your own garbage can. Or bury them in a garden.

We all want to see less carp in our waters, but bow fishing shouldn't be any different than other fishing. If you are going to keep fish, do something with them. The boat landing is not a fish dump.

-Ty