PDA

View Full Version : May 17th and 18th report

Ty Sennett
05-19-2010, 09:05 AM
I had a half day with John Rashke on the 17th and we caught a few small walleye but overall not good. The weather was great. The one thing I am seeing is the walleye really grouped up in isolated areas. The boat right behind us was reeling one after another in. We were fishing the same structure with the same baits but the fish were in one little area. The boat next to us was my uncle through marriage. I talked to him the following morning and he said the three of them were all reeling in fish at once on several occasions. Just crazy. We've run into the same thing. It's a matter of timing and location to really have a great day or night of fishing. The other thing I've noticed is that it doesn't last long. About fifteen minutes is all you have and then they move on. I think the key is when it happens to not goof up and snag or tangle lines so you can take advantage of it. We found that out the hard way last night.

Yesterday I had two new clients out and we had one of the best days of fishing ever. Unfortunately we had one of the worst days of catching. The weather was awesome but a little too nice for getting any fish in the boat. We ended up catching about five small walleye. We resorted to fishing deep water with fathead minnows. That's when you know it's tough for me. Not my favorite way to catch walleye. Great guys though. We quit at about 4PM.

I went back out with John Straple for the evening and we fished for other fish for a little while until sundown. Right at dark we had one of those little flurry's of walleye activity and caught three in couple minutes and then all kinds of line tangles and knots showed up. By the time we got those undone it was over. I've got those guys again tonight so we'll see if they can redeem themselves. I think we are going to do some line switching on a couple of their rods before we start tonight. As a side note the first person in a tree after dark buys a round of bloody mary's at Treelands so that award is still available. I'm going right for the biggest overhanging tree tonight. Should get interesting if anything.

buuur
05-19-2010, 09:56 AM
The walleye are waiting to heat up June 3-11th Hopefully!!:D