PDA

View Full Version : Weekend report

beelzebob
05-17-2010, 10:13 PM
Sat. morning: water temp 52, water remains low and no weeds. Found some pike eventually and got about 10, 2 I could keep. The pike were in 6 - 8' over emerging coontail. Got a few bass too, shallow wood. Was using 4" twisters and 3" GULP. Got 1 10" gill off a crib.
Sunday: Got another dozen pike, again 2 keepers, 5 bass including an 18 incher that was every bit of 4#, some on twisters and some on bucktails. The bass had started to move to the rocks. Water temp by the afternoon was 61. After trying about 40 different stumps checking for crappies, and finding nothing (not even rock bass), the 41st had a school of jumbos on it and I got 10 that ranged 11 - 13". Got these on an ice jig tipped with GULP grubs - the ones that look like a Cubby.
Today: Bass everywhere up in the shallow gravel with beds dug, some of the beds had pairs on them. I quit messing with the bass, I did get another flambeau football in the 4# range, I wanted to get back after those perch. Of course, they were gone. I did get 2 more jumbos, 2 gills, a 29" pike, and sveral small pike. Water up to 63. I saw the same muskie 3 times over 2 days, today he came right up to within a rod length of the boat and just sat there putting the eye on me. He's a big boy - mid 40s.