PDA

View Full Version : Nokomis water level?

Racedude
05-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Heard a rumor it was down 6' Hope this isn't true. Coming up in a couple of weeks and would like to see water. Thanks, Jeff

Aquatic Arts Fishing Pro Shop
05-17-2010, 11:13 AM
Its true, a Buddy of mine lives on Nokomis, said it came up about 6 inches with the last rain.

Racedude
05-18-2010, 12:00 PM
Thanks,thats not what i was hoping for but what are you going to do? Anybody know how the public landing on N is? Lots of bogs over there.

muskybait9
06-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Hey Racedude try the launch by the dam on Nokomis, I've launched there several time with 22ft crownline, mastercraft, you name it, and never had a problem. Let us know how the water level is and good luck.

Racedude
06-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Will do! Going up in a couple of weeks. Stay over by Bridge Lake thats why we use that boat ramp. Heard they got a couple of good rains this week. Keeping our fingers crossed.

millertime
06-08-2010, 12:28 PM
I was staying on Nokomis through the weekend. The water level did not budge with the rain. Only hope is that it may move today with soil now being closer to saturated, possibly driving more runoff, but the slow rains don't help. Need a good storm to drop multiple inches of rain to get the runoff in the rivers and dirty up the water a bit. Lake is way too clear.

JimL
06-08-2010, 01:25 PM
What will happen if the levels don’t go up before winter? Does the possibility exist for a winter kill?

If so, would the DNR ever consider closing the gates so no water is flowing out?

newoodhntr
06-08-2010, 09:12 PM
The DNR don't control the dams the WVIC does. I don't think you have to worry about fish kill with the deep water in the channels and with the moving water. The Rainbow and Willow ahve no problems and they drop them alot more than Nokomis . http://www.wvic.com/