PDA

View Full Version : Salt Fork Chapter Challunge results

Roughneck
05-17-2010, 10:19 AM
Central Ohio chapter 41 hosted the annual Chapter Challunge along with a lot of help from Chapter 19's Gordon Seldon, Elmer McClure, Guy Becther, and Kevin Profit.
64 signed up to fish. The weather was good, water condition was decent, water temps 69-71. The weeds were in good shape and a lot of the fish were caught casting. Bucktails were reported to be the hot lure.
30 legal fish were caught, so thats pretty good for the number of entries.
Cliff Honeycutt won the Challunge for Chapter 41 with fish of 39" and 37.5" for 25 points. 2 other chapter 41 guys doubled up on fish, Bill Lambert, 37.5" and 34", Jack Worline, 31" and 32".
Chapter 41 had 16 fishermen and 13 fish caught, thats a great ratio.
Chapter 19 had 36 entered and caught 16 fish.
We had a great time camping and I think section G was about full.
The shore lunch was outstanding and if you didn't get enough to eat, it was your own fault, because there was a generous selection tasty stuff to eat.
I want to send a big "Thanks" to Guy Becther and Kevin Proffit for doing the grilling of the Brats, dogs, and Hamburgers.
I will attach a couple pictures of the crowd and the trophy.
I have the trophy and will bring it to the next meeting and present it to Cliff for safe keeping till next year.
Thanks to all who attended.
Mark Pauling

Mark Steinert
05-17-2010, 10:22 AM
Congrats Cliff and great job to all that were there.

Jack W
05-17-2010, 03:36 PM
Another great chapter challenge! A big THANK YOU to everyone who helped put on this great event. As always it was lots of fun and a really good time. It's nice to get together with so many good people that I don't get to see often enough. Congrats to Alleycat Cliff on winning the Challenge. I'll bet he had a really good boat guide to win against all the tuff competition.

Jack Worline

Brian Culbertson
05-18-2010, 06:42 AM
Good Job Cliff We had a great time too thanks to all those that put on the event. Brian

alleycatlures
05-18-2010, 04:30 PM
Nice to see we had such a good turn out. Sounds like several boats from our chapter had some fish! Thanks to Jack's Guide service for getting us on some fish. This was our third year fishing the event together, although we always have a great time we were due for some luck fishing! Hope to see some more of you there next year.

Cliff