PDA

View Full Version : May 16 fishing report

walleyemaxx
05-17-2010, 08:32 AM
Hi everyone,

Got out Sunday afternoon. All morning visited with friends of mine who were camping on Wagon Wheel Island. John and his wife Regila shared thier campfire and we sat under a bright blue sky for the morning. Not the best of conditions for walleye fishing, so I enjoyed my visit. After noon, it started to cloud up, and a front was moving in. Conditions were improving.

I tried several patterns again before I consistently had hits in the weeds. I knew they were walleyes because the minnow would be stripped from the dorsal fin down. I didn't get bit out deep.

I managed two small walleyes that I released, and when I decided to cast crankbaits, the northerns decided to kill them all. So, it was back to jigging and slip bobbering.

I caught the walleyes on the jig and minnow combinations.The walleyes would pull the slip bobber down and just hold it. Didn' matter how long I waited, I never could get a hook set. That's why they call it fishing. All in all a fun day. I always try to learn something new every time out, and on the Big Chip, she gives a lesson every time out. If you would like to have a lesson on walleye fishing on the Chippewa Flowage with me, give me a call at 715-617-0894, or email me.

Walleyemaxx

walleyemaxx
05-17-2010, 08:42 AM
Forgot to post this picture from thier campsite on Wagon Wheel. Thanks John and Regila.

Walleyemaxx

JRN
05-17-2010, 09:36 AM
Thanks for stopping by Maxx! Enjoyed the company and looking forward to fishing with you soon!

walleyemaxx
05-17-2010, 11:54 AM
Your welcome John. It turned out to be a beautifull morning. I got very sunburnt. Did you catch any fish after I left?

Walleyemaxx

JRN
05-19-2010, 08:23 AM
Hey Maxx, I didn't do any more fishing after you left on Sunday. I made some food and then we packed up and headed for home. It was definitely a beautiful weekend!

walleyemaxx
05-20-2010, 01:41 PM
Keep your hooks sharp John. We have a lot of fishing to do this summer and fall. If your daughter or wife wants to fish with us on one of those days, they are more than welcome. Talk to you soon.

Let me know when you are going to be in Winter to perform. I;m going to try to make it.

Walleyemaxx