PDA

View Full Version : T.F.F. Update

Don Pemble
05-16-2010, 06:08 PM
After all the bad weather we just had, all the much needed rain and the not so much needed winds, things turned around the last two days to see nothing but blue sky's, warm temps, and no wind what so ever, and that really put a damper on the fishing action. My clients and I spent Saturday working all different depths, structures, with either crawlers or minnows in search of walleye to no avail. We also spent considerable time working many cribs out there and managed just 5 big gills, 4 jumbo perch, and one lonely eye, and they were caught on 1/16th ounce Reeves weedless jigs tipped with a small piece of crawler. We talked to the Ranger out there and he told us he had seen only one walleye all day with all the boats he had checked. I also talked to a few other guides who had been out there the same day and their results were just about the same with the exception of one who's daily catch was zero. Don't know if it's just the weather, or the big bug hatch that going on out there, scores and scores of all different types of fly's are hatching and the fish are all feeding on them.

Back out tomorrow and hoping for much better action, will keep you posted.