PDA

View Full Version : Missouri River Fishing Report 5/15/2010

Mike Allen
05-15-2010, 04:09 PM
Fishing is picking up a little. The problem is the cold weather. I guided Thurs - Sat. most if not all the walleyes were still in the spawn. We are catching walleyes mostly from 18-40 feet of water with minnows. Also reports of a plug bite in the 12 - 18 foot range. Most of the fish are being caught on Sharpe. With some nice weather and not much rain Lake Francis Case should take off soon.

On Friday we had 10 guide boats out with 7 filling and 2 that were 1 fish short. Today (Sat) we had 8 boats out. When I left the lake (1:30p.m.) 6 boats were full. (updated Sun, other 2 boats were a couple short, made a good run at the end of the day)

Here is the weekend news from my boat. On Thursday and Friday I fished with 3 guys from Sioux Falls, SD area. I have fished with them for 8 consecutive years. On Thursday we came in 1 fish short. We caught around 30 walleyes and 10 plus smallmouth. Not bad considering we were trying to fish less than 1 mph in a 30mph wind. We made up for it on Friday. We had our limit with a few extra to catch and release. A very nice day with no wind. Today (Sat) I had a different group from Sioux Falls, SD. We had our limit by 1:30 p.m. Not fast, but steady. Another excellent day.

Until next week
Mike Allen

PS I will put some pictures of this weekends catch on my report on Monday.