PDA

View Full Version : Walleye Opener

tntnardo
05-08-2010, 09:40 AM
Just wondering how the opener is looking ... In the past their alway's seemed to be some post's of video and such of the Walleye's in the river getting ready to spawn. Did anyone check the river's, I'm sure with the weather we had they would be done by now. Also did the DNR milk egg's as they normally do? Good luck to everyone on the opener!!

The Bait Shop Guy
05-09-2010, 10:06 AM
Opener is looking pretty good. I've been catching LOTS of walleyes while perch fishing. Most are undersized, but I have caught many more fish in the 15 to 17 inch range, than I normally do while perchin'. I've also been marking a lot of suspended fish in the upper bay while looking for perch.

The daytime bite off Ford River may be slow until Monday or Tuesday. The 10 day forecast http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/outdoors/tenday/49829?dp=windsdp shows varied winds leading up to the opener, then becoming more southerly after the opener. A couple days of good south wind should make the water dirty enough to get those fish cranked up. FYI, the lake level is down a good 10 inches from last year. Those of you that like to launch out of the Ford and put your rig up on plane to get across the shallow water may want to think twice about going out of there like that.:eek:

Good luck this opener and let us know how you do.